Recipe by JackieOhNo!
From Woman's World Magazine 12/7/04. Guaranteed you will probably have all of these ingredients on hand.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (3-1/2 cups) or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth (3-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese, such as Cheddar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- additional cooked bacon (optional)
- additional cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In pot cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, 6-8 minutes; drain on paper towels. Crumble; reserve.
- To fat in pot, add onon, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally until tender. Add broth. Increase heat to high; bring to boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in milk, dry potato mix and bacon. Simmer 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese and sour cream. Garnish with bacon and cheese, if desired.