Woman's World Easy Stove Top Mac 'n Cheese
From Woman's World Magazine 10/26/04. Only four ingredients!
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1 (1 lb) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese, 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat broiler rack so that top of 1-1/2 quart baking dish will be 4 inches from heat source. Preheat broiler.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In same pot, heat Alfredo sauce over medium heat; stir in 1-3/4 cups cheese and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Stir in pasta.
- Transfer to baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I tried this first because it looked even easier than "Easy Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese" by Marie. This recipe IS a little easier since it uses bottled sauce, but the other is SO MUCH BETTER that it's worth the extra three or four minutes it takes to make.<br/><br/>Bottled Alfredo sauce gives this an odd texture that's both slick and gluey, and Worcestershire sauce is just wrong in macaroni and cheese. Besides, what's with calling this a "stove top" recipe when it goes under the broiler? The only difference between baking and broiling is which element heats up, but it's still in the oven.<br/><br/>The broiling in this recipe takes as long as making the quick sauce in Marie's recipe, but taste and texture are infinitely better with the other recipe.Reply
see 2 more