Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 russet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 pieces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 cup milk, heated in microwave for one minute
- 3⁄4 cup cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels, heated in microwave for 30 seconds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Increase heat to medium high and add potato and chopped Canadian bacon. Sauté until the potatoes start to brown and are tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- 3. Add milk and stir continuously.
- 4. When milk boils, add creamed corn, corn kernels and thyme to soup and simmer until heated through.
- 5. Add shredded cheese ¼ cup at a time and stir until the cheese is melted.
- 6. Season with salt and pepper as desired.