Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Easy tasty crock pot recipe that makes the house smell terrific! *UPDATE* This can be made then frozen for OAMC.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) marinara sauce, refrigerated kind
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) cancrushed Italian tomatoes
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated 3-cheese tortellini
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown beef; drain.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Mix beef, marinara sauce, mushrooms and tomatoes in crock pot.
- Cook on low 7 - 8 hours.
- Stir in the tortellini and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes more.
- If frozen for OAMC this heats well and does not dry out if you can reheat in freezer bags or sealable bags. Excellent.
This is my day off, and I am babysitting my 6 & 4 yr. old niece & nephew tomorrow nite. I thought this woul be a great dinner for them. I used gr. italian sausage instead of beef, a 28 oz jar of Prego oringinal sauce, a 19 oz bag of frozen cheese tortellini, minced garlic, the mushrooms and green onions. <br/>Set the crockpot on low @ 10:00am checked on it at 1:30pm and it was done, almost overdone. I don't see how this recipe would take 7-8 hours especially, with me doubling up on everthing except the meat. The flavor is missing something, maybe just a bit of italian seasoning will do the trick. I will add the mozz, tomorrow before serving. All in all a great recipe but , I would suggest , to make on a week end, or a time you are going to be able to check on it, thanks for sharing.
This was delicious! I thought it was a bit spendy so I might try dried tortellini next time. My whole family loved it and gobbled it up. We didn't have any leftovers!
Wow comfort food at its BEST!! We loved this. i had to make a few adjustments. I added so Tabasco sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Just b/cuz I felt there could be more of a kick to it. And sure enough it was great. This is filling and could feed a family of six when served with some garlic bread or a salad. Thanks Karen for another great recipe.