Crock Pot Ground Beef Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a simple and tasty crock pot recipe that as a wife & mother who works outside the home, I have used frequently to the delight of my family.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 2 large potatoes
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 medium onions
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can green peas
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- Brown and drain beef.
- Peel and slice vegetables.
- Place layers of vegetables in crock pot in order given.
- Season each layer with salt and pepper.
- Then place cooked beef in pot.
- Mix soup with water and pour over all.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours (cook high 2-4 hours stirring occasionally).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this according to the recipe except for subbing corn for peas because corn is more popular at our house. I scooped it into insulated mugs and sent it out to my harvesting farmers with some crackers (even though it isn't very liquidy). They loved it and gave it 5 stars. Thanks for sharing it!Reply
We really liked this but I tweaked it a bit first. I added some beef base and a little extra water. I also added garlic powder and salt and pepper. I didn't use peas, don't like the texture after they have cooked for a while. I added a corn starch slurry at the end to thicken it a bit and we all liked it.Reply
Good stuff! I added some garlic and minced onion to the ground beef - and served it all on rice - hubby approved! Although it was nice, I think I'll tweek a bit next time ... I plan to add a can of diced tomatoes, maybe some corn and/or carrots. Good idea to try to keep the ground beef in substantial sized 'chunks' - as it does break down as it cooks.2Reply
see 22 more