Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is more like a version of garlic bread or cheese bread. It's actually something I learned to make from my partner. It goes great with Italian dishes or creamy casseroles. For the bread, I'd suggest a crunchy type of bread, like French bread or a baguette. For the dressing, I use Kraft Fat-Free Zesty Italian dressing. Any type of Italian dressing would work.
- 8 slices bread
- 8 teaspoons Italian salad dressing
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the bread into thick slices (about 1/2 inch thick).
- Place on baking sheet. Put about a tsp or so of Italian dressing on each slice and spread it around. Let it soak in a little bit.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each slice. I've used cheddar, co-jack and slices of mozzarella with good results.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Your time may vary due to size and dryness of the bread.
This was a great side dish with our chili tonight!! Made with two different kinds of bread and it turned out great! Used zesty italian dressing and some light mozzarella cheese. Nice change from garlic bread! Thanks PdxBarb!