Loaded Italian Bread
Another one of those recipes that you can change up to fit your likes -- including using a different bread. It's almost a meal in itself but goes well with pasta and beef and it's definitely NOT low calorie. I found the recipe in a community cookbook a few years ago.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chives, snipped (I just use scissors to snip them into the bowl)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together EXCEPT the bread.
- Slice the bread in half horizontally and spread the mixture evenly over both sides.
- Put the bread spread side up on a cookie sheet and broil until edges are browned and cheese is melted being careful not to burn it.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I altered the recipe a bit, but it turned out great. I used reduced-fat cheddar cheese and garlic powder rather than garlic salt (we%u2019re trying to cut down on fat and salt where possible). I also used chopped green onions because DH did the grocery shopping and decided they were the same as chives. (sigh) Even with all those changes, the bread came out perfectly.Reply