1/5 Photos of Cheesy Creamy Ham and Potato Soup
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #719562's Note:
A rich hearty soup great for left over holiday ham. I use the bone from the ham to make the stock. DS said it was the best soup he ever had!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil ham bone in 4 cups of water in large stock pot for approx 1 hour. (If omitting this step use 4 chicken bouillon or 4 cups chicken broth instead).
- 2Remove ham bone and strain stock to remove any debris.
- 3Boil the 2 med potatoes halved in stock until softened, remove to separate bowl.
- 4Combine 2 1/4 cups diced potatoes, 1 med onion and 3 minced garlic cloves and add to stock. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- 5Mash 2 halved potatoes with small amount of milk and add to stock (helps to thicken).
- 6In separate pan, melt butter. Add in flour a tablespoon at a time to make a roux or paste. Add milk and blend well to make a cream sauce.
- 7Simmer cream sauce for 2 minutes. Add cheese and blend well. Mixture will be very gooey.
- 8Add cheese blend to soup and gently mix to combine.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Creamy Ham and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.1
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Sodium 1148.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: