Crock Pot - Cheesy Ham Potato Soup
COMFORT FOOD! Flavors blend well in this soup/chowder which can easily be cooked stovetop or in a crock pot. A great way to use leftover ham. EASY preparation. Your family will love this soup!
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 3 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 5 potatoes, cut in cubes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cold water (optional)
- Place ham, celery, onion, carrots, potatoes, corn and chicken broth in crock pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. (The ham will provide some salt.) If cooking stovetop, cook until potatoes are done. Turn crock pot to low and cook 3 to 4 hours.
- During last 10 minutes of cooking add evaporated milk. Heat only-do not boil. Str lightly to allow cheese to melt. If a thicker soup is desired, add optional cornstarch after dissolving it in cold water. Smash a few potatoes for thickening.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Such an easy and hearty soup that is perfect for winter! Made this the other day in my dutch oven on the stove top. I added more potatoes and celery than the recipe called for, but there were no complaints! Also made Recipe #236658 Buttery Soft Crescent Rolls to accompany the soup. Next time I make this I'll make it much thicker like a chowder since there's creamed corn in it. Mm, corn chowder!Reply
see 3 more