Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe came from my sister's mother-in-law. Not sure where she got it, but we've made this many times, and it's a major comfort food for me. It's great to take to a potluck supper, as there's never any left.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 cup reserved chicken broth
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- paprika (optional)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Boil chicken in water until falling from the bone. Let cool and shred with a fork. Set aside 1 cup broth.
- While chicken is cooking, melt butter and saute onion and bell pepper. Add the soups and 1 cup reserved chicken broth. Add cubed velveeta slowly, and stir frequently until cheese is melted.
- Cook spaghetti in broth from chicken, adding 3 chicken buillion cubes.
- Add the shredded chicken and cooked spaghetti to the cheese sauce. Pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Cover.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes.