Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great recipe that I found in a magazine. I do not take credit for it, I am just sharing my great find! I love how easy and yummy it is! i hope you all enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen is ok)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- heat oil in 12" skillet over medium-high heat.
- add chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. remove chicken from skillet.
- stir soup, water, onion powder, black pepper, and rice into skillet and heat to boil. reduce heat to low. cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
- stir in vegetables. return chicken to skillet. sprinkle with cheese. cover and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender.
- *my family are cheese-lovers so I add an extra 1/2 cup of cheese.
- **I usually add minced garlic and onion and some parsely leaves to chicken while it is browning to add some extra flavor.
This was a really great dish for the busy night that I made it. It's so easy to prepare, and you have all the necessary elements for a full meal...chicken, rice, vergetables. I had trouble with the cooking time though, as it wasn't enough for the rice to be fully cooked but was making the vegetables too mushy. But even so, this was a terrific dish that I will make again. Thanks for sharing your recipe, brookexlacey. Made for the New Kids On The Block tag game.