Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are now my family's favorite enchiladas after finding this recipe on the back of Sargento cheese package. They are so good and filling. They come together very easily if you have cooked chicken on hand. I usually already have pre-cooked chicken on hand. For that, I like to use Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Breasts for Freezing - OAMC #188329 and then I skip the cooking the chicken part and just add all the ingredients to the chicken. The shredded cooked chicken works perfectly for this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups sargento fancy shredded 4 cheese mexican cheese, divided
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mild enchilada sauce
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat; add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning; cook for an additional 2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa, beans, corn and 1 cup cheese.
- Spray bottom of 13x-9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Soften tortillas according to package directions.
- Place 2/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Place in dish, seam-side-down.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese, olives and onions.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is hot.
Quick, easy and tasty! I used pre-cooked, diced chicken but can definitely see how shredded would work better. I also thought I had black beans in the pantry but didn't, so I subbed red kidney beans. Served with sour cream, pico de gallo and chunks of avocado. Yum! Thanks for sharing Lainey! ***Made for PRMR***