Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My brother loves these. Very easy to throw together! I always have leftover chicken mixture.
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) can chicken breasts, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls or 1 (8 ounce) can biscuits
- In bowl, shred chicken with fork and mix in pepper, cheddar, and cream cheese. Mix well.
- If using crescents, unroll and seal together and. Flatten with a rolling pin.
- Using about a 3 1/2 inch circle cutter, cut out circles from the dough. Reroll and recut until all the dough has been used.
- If using biscuits, just flatten.
- Place about 1 tbsp of chicken mixture into center of each circle. Fold into a half moon shape and seal edges by pressing down all the way around with a fork. Apply a thin layer of butter or spray with butter flavored cooking spray on top of each empanada.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- You may need to turn baking sheet halfway around halfway through baking time so all empanadas golden evenly.
Use a can of biscuits instead of crescent rolls. It's easier than piecing together all the scraps and re-rolling it out. Good recipe though. I've made this several times.