Cheesy Chicken Empanadas
photo by Walmart
- Ready In:
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup Kraft Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
- 1⁄3 cup Kraft Mayo Chipotle Flavored Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (14 1/8 ounce) package ready-to-use refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Whisk egg and water until blended.
- Unroll 1 pie crust on lightly floured surface; roll out to 12-inch diameter with rolling pin. Cut into 8 (4-inch) rounds with biscuit cutter, rerolling scraps as necessary; place in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pie crust.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons chicken mixture onto center of each dough round; brush edge with egg. Fold in half. Gently press tops to remove excess air; seal edges with fork. Brush with remaining egg. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Bake 15 minute or until golden brown.
- This recipe was shared by Kraft.
- How to cut circles without a biscuit cutter.
- If you don't have a 4-inch biscuit cutter, use a 4-inch diameter glass to cut out the rounds of dough.
- Special extra.
- Serve with guacamole, TACO BELL® Thick & Chunky Salsa, and BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!