Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Perfect home style meal without all of the work!
- 7 ounces macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, juice and all
- 1 (1 ounce) jar pimentos
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- Mix all ingredients together and store in refrigerator overnight in greased casserole.
- Stir before baking.
- Put potato chips on top.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes at 250 degrees.
This is a very good comfort meal. I loved the crunch from the water chestnuts! I did not have pimentos so I diced 1/2 of a red pepper. The only other thing I changed was the baking temperature. 250 seamed to low even at 75 minutes. I baked it at 350 for 90 minutes the extra 15 was because of a Pampered chef stoneware baker. It came out just perfect as it was hot all the way through. I sure it would have been done at 250 degrees. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game