Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL. Time to make does not include cooking the chicken.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 8 ounces Cheez Whiz or 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) canslivered water chestnuts
- hot sauce or cayenne pepper
- Thaw and drain broccoli or spinach.
- Layer in a 9 X 13 baking dish all of the broccoli or spinach, followed by 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, the remaining rice, and the remaining chicken. Top with water chestnuts.
- Combine the Cheez Whiz, milk, soup, and hot sauce/cayenne pepper. Pour over the assembled casserole.
- Bake at 325* for 35 - 4o minutes or until bubbly.
I make a similar chicken recipe in the microwave and this was even better. I loved the water chestnuts for the extra crunch and texture. Used two pouches of Tyson chicken, frozen broccoli, velveeta cheese and brown rice. The hot sauce or cayenne pepper I did not add but did sprinkle some black pepper, lemon pepper, and a bit of celery seed. Very easy to make and very tasty! Thank you janem!