Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL. Time to make does not include cooking the chicken.
Make and share this Cheesy Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 8 ounces Cheez Whiz or 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) canslivered water chestnuts
- hot sauce or cayenne pepper
- Thaw and drain broccoli or spinach.
- Layer in a 9 X 13 baking dish all of the broccoli or spinach, followed by 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, the remaining rice, and the remaining chicken. Top with water chestnuts.
- Combine the Cheez Whiz, milk, soup, and hot sauce/cayenne pepper. Pour over the assembled casserole.
- Bake at 325* for 35 - 4o minutes or until bubbly.
I make a similar chicken recipe in the microwave and this was even better. I loved the water chestnuts for the extra crunch and texture. Used two pouches of Tyson chicken, frozen broccoli, velveeta cheese and brown rice. The hot sauce or cayenne pepper I did not add but did sprinkle some black pepper, lemon pepper, and a bit of celery seed. Very easy to make and very tasty! Thank you janem!