Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL. Time to make does not include cooking the chicken.
Make and share this Cheesy Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 8 ounces Cheez Whiz or 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) canslivered water chestnuts
- hot sauce or cayenne pepper
- Thaw and drain broccoli or spinach.
- Layer in a 9 X 13 baking dish all of the broccoli or spinach, followed by 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, the remaining rice, and the remaining chicken. Top with water chestnuts.
- Combine the Cheez Whiz, milk, soup, and hot sauce/cayenne pepper. Pour over the assembled casserole.
- Bake at 325* for 35 - 4o minutes or until bubbly.