Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Makes a great freezer meal. Just add the biscuits when your cook it.
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and add the chopped onion. Sauté until tender.
- Add milk, sour cream, and soup. Heat through.
- Add 1/2 cup cheese and spoon into an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Lay biscuits side by side on top of the mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
The recipe never says to add the cubed chicken. Duh. It is a bit soupy. Add cooked rice. I used more chicken and added pepper. Cook longer. Biscuits were not done in the middle. Veggie of choice on the side.
This was more of a soup with a biscuit on top.It was okay.
Sinfully good! This is total comfort food made easy. Made as written but put chicken mixture in the oven for 20 minutes before added the biscuits on top. I used a round pan and the 7 outer biscuits baked nicely but the center one was a little gooey. I'll be making this for the family again. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game