Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From last week's Weekend magazine. Weight watchers stay away!
- 1 cup cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- Cook the florets in boiling water.
- When just tender, drain out the florets in a colander.
- Add vinegar, salt, pepper and salad oil to the hot florets.
- Add mayonnaise.
- Toss the florets well so that they are well coated with mayonnaise.
- In 1 tbsp.
- of butter, saute the onions and mushrooms until dark golden brown.
- Keep aside.
- Grease a dish with butter.
- Put the florets on it.
- Top with grated cheese and the sauteed mushroom-onion mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven on Gas Mark 6 at 200C until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
I agree with Parsley, this was more of a casserole than a salad. It had a nice combination of flavors and was easy to prepare. I had to double the recipe to feed the five of us. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
A unique, warm cauliflower salad. It's actually more like a casserole. I doubled the recipe and omited the salad oil. I really liked the tang from the vinegar. I'll make this again; thanx for sharing.
KUDOS!! My family and I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe. I found the portions small, so I doubled the recipe. Great taste!