Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Healthy Foods
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped (stems and all)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup skim milk
- In a large soup pot, saute onions and garlic until wilted.
- Add chopped broccoli and continue cooking.
- Pour broth over the top and cook until broccoli is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- In batches, process soup through a food processor or blender until almost smooth (some chunks are nice).
- Add milk and let continue cooking another 20 minutes, but be careful not to let boil or the soup will separate.
- When nice and thick, remove from heat and serve in individual bowls. Top each bowl with 1/4-cup cheddar cheese and serve with a great, big salad and whole grain bread. Makes a great dinner!
Excellent! The only thing I added was a dash or two of Ceyenne. Love this soup! Thanks for posting the recipe.
This is darn good, considering how low in fat it is! I used a little extra broccoli, but otherwise made no changes. My onions were the Spanish sweets, and I think any sweet variety would be best to use for this, since there's two onions needed. Thanx for posting this yummy lowfat soup!