Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a simple recipe that is really good, kids of all ages enjoy this, my DH loves this! to save time you can use frozen fries, I use Kittencal's Freezer Fries (Oamc) I prefer homemade to frozen. You can really season your ground beef anyway you desired, I like to add in a green bell pepper and jalapeno for some heat.
- 4 large potatoes (cut lenghwise into 1/2-inch wedges)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce (or use as much as desired!)
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese (can use more)
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet.
- Spread the potatoes onto the baking sheet and then sprinkle with salt (I use seasoned salt).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a skillet cook the ground beef with onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper (if using) until the meat is browned (about 15 minutes) drain fat and season with seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Add in barbecue sauce and corn, stir with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the fries from the oven and top with gound beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and return to oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
My husband & I just made this. We both LOVE it! I did add some potato to fill the sheet. I did leave peels on. I did have to use a whole bottle of BBQ sauce because I had extra thick sauce. We did not use the jalapeno. One cup of cheese was plenty but my husband added more cause he is a cheese lover. THANK YOU for another wonderful ground beef recipe!
I made this last night half liked it and half did not. I think the problem was that I used frozen french fries. I may try it again with potatoes. Sorry!
Cheese fries with ground beef, what's not to like? It is very good - a real kid pleaser yet adults should love this, too! I cheated and used frozen french fries. I omitted the jalapeno pepper, but I'm sure it would be great if you want it spicy. I used a honey barbecue sauce and it was very tasty. This is great for those nights when you want something quick but filling.