This is a simple recipe that is really good, kids of all ages enjoy this, my DH loves this! to save time you can use frozen fries, I use Kittencal's Freezer Fries (Oamc) I prefer homemade to frozen. You can really season your ground beef anyway you desired, I like to add in a green bell pepper and jalapeno for some heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large potatoes (cut lenghwise into 1/2-inch wedges)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce (or use as much as desired!)
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese (can use more)
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet.
- 3Spread the potatoes onto the baking sheet and then sprinkle with salt (I use seasoned salt).
- 4Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender and lightly browned.
- 5Meanwhile in a skillet cook the ground beef with onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper (if using) until the meat is browned (about 15 minutes) drain fat and season with seasoned salt and black pepper.
- 6Add in barbecue sauce and corn, stir with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes.
- 7Remove the fries from the oven and top with gound beef mixture.
- 8Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and return to oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy BBQ Ground Beef and Oven Fries
Serving Size: 1 (693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.5
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 111.7 mg
- Sodium 814.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 40.2 g