Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love apple, cheese, and bacon together. This is more a savory muffin than a sweet one.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped unpeeled apple (Granny Smith)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or extra-sharp)
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled crisp cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir to blend.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the milk, butter, and egg; mix well.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir just until blended.
- Gently fold in apples, cheese, and bacon.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
I LOVE the idea and I got a lot of points with my BF for a manly muffin. However, I would add more apple (can barely taste it) and a tad more cheese. They were a bit dry also, perhaps I made them too big though. Thank you!
This was a very nice muffin. We loved the flavor the bacon gave to them. They were quick and easy ro make. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Really tasty! I used a giant-sized muffin tin and the recipe made six of those--froze them for weekday breakfasts. Thanks!