Bacon, Apple, and Spinach Salad
- Ready In:
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 lb fresh spinach leaves, washed & stems removed
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cored and sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup salted sunflower seeds or 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup salad oil
- Crumble bacon. Toss with spinach, apples, and onions in salad bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil until well blended.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad, tossing well. Sprinkle with nuts.
Join The Conversation