Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of the best appetizers you’ll ever find. With all of the different ingredients and sauces, these lettuce wraps are perfect for sharing with a group. These make a great dish for bringing to a pot luck. However, since I can walk to a Cheesecake Factory, I think I will get it there. The best top secret restaurant recipes for each item and the sauces are all included but had to be entered separately as Food.com has a 50 ingredient limit. This and others can be found at http://restaurantrecipesbook.com/
Thai Chicken Satays
- 1 lb chicken breast (Bamboo skewers, 10-12 inches)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, roasted
Thai Coconut Curry Noodles
- 12 ounces egg noodles, fresh best
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Thai Marinated Cucumbers
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, seeded
- Chicken Satays:.
- Cut chicken into 3/4 inch strips.
- Place in a shallow glass dish.
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Add water and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over chicken.
- Toss to coat all of the chicken pieces.
- Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Soak bamboo skewers 20 minutes in cold water to keep them from burning.
- Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade.
- Weave the chicken strips onto each skewers, alternation with green onion pieces. You may need to use several pieces to cover each skewer.
- Brush chicken and onions with reserved marinade.
- Grill the skewers on an uncovered grill over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through the grilling.
- Bean Sprouts:.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the bean sprouts along with the other ingredients.
- Cook over a medium-high heat until the bean sprouts are tender.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Thai Coconut Curry Noodles:.
- Place the noodles in hot water, separating with a fork.
- Let the noodles soak until tender or according to the directions on the package.
- Drain and keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut milk on low heat and slowly stir in the curry paste.
- When it begins to simmer, add in the remaining ingredients.
- Continue to simmer for approximately 2 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles and serve.
- Thai Marinated Cucumbers:.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, water and salt in a small pan.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring until it boils and the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Peel the cucumber and cut lengthwise into quarters and again crosswise into 1/8 inch slices.
- Place in a serving bowl and pour marinade over cucumbers, stirring to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Tamarind Cashew Dipping Sauce Recipe #453585.
- Peanut Sauce Recipe #453586.
- Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce Recipe #453589.
- Putting it All Together:.
- Remove the hard stems from the bottom of each leaf of lettuce.
- Wash and dry the leaves and arrange in a group on a larger platter.
- Remove 2 red cabbage leaves, wash and dry and slice in half vertically.
- Arrange on the serving platter and fill with each one of the fillings (chicken, bean sprouts, thai coconut curry noodles and marinated cucumbers).
- Let your friends or family create their own lettuce wraps by choosing a filling or fillings and placing it on a leaf along with a choice of sauce.
- Fold the leaf in half and enjoy!
I Love , Love this appetizer at Cheesecake Factory. It is the bomb. I decided to try and make it at home. It is not exactly like the appetizer but very close. This recipe was delicious!!! I love the peanut sauce and the cukes the most. This recipe takes along time to make because there are many components but it was worth it. The curry noodles were also delish!! . I didn't put the chicken on skewers. I grilled the chicken on foil on my grill along with the scallions.