Tamarind Cashew Dipping Sauce
This is one of three sauces served with the Cheesecake Factory Lettuce Wraps.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tamarind pulp or 1/2 teaspoon tamarind juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine cashews, hoisin sauce, garlic, green onion, cayenne pepper and black pepper in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- In a small sauce pan add oil, honey, rice wine vinegar and tamarind pulp.
- Heat at medium for 1 minute.
- Stir until the tamarind pulp is completely dissolved.
- Add this to the cashew mixture and process until smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is nothing like the sauce at CF. This recipe is missing many ingredients and added in a few that shouldn't be there. There needs to be cilantro in this recipe to make it green, there shouldn't be sesame seeds and there should be honey and multiple types of vinegar. Whoever wrote this recipe needs to go back to culinary school.Reply