Recipe by mer@
After reading several recipes for cheeseburger soup this is the variation I came up with. Very good!!
Top Review by Kozmo1234
Thought this was very good, also added some Lipton Onion soup mix and used cream of mushroom soup instead of evap milk. I added less liquid also to make it more of a chili consistency and less like soup. Served it with some warm baguettes and the hubby and kids all liked this.
- 7 -8 cups diced potatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery, diced
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and onion, drain.
- Place meat, onions, carrots, celery, basil, broth and water into crock pot. Cook on low 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the milk, cheese and sour cream and cook another 2 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.