Down East Corn Chowder (Crock Pot)
Your friends will enjoy the flavour of this simple chowder
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 15mins
- 2 cups fresh corn, cut from cob or (16 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1 dash ground mace
- Combine corn, potatoes, onion, seasoned salt, pepper and broth in crock pot.
- Cover and cook low 7-9 hours.
- Pour into blender or food processor and puree til almost smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or return to cooker.
- Stir in milk and margarine (or butter).
- Cook on HIGH one hour.
- Pour hot chowder into bowls.
- Sprinkle with mace.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation