Top Review by bmcnichol
My family really enjoyed this. This smelled really good while in the oven. I followed the recipe as written other then I used minced onion, used mexican blend cheese and shoe string fries. I also didn't use all two cups of cheese. The shoe string fries cooked up crispy which we really enjoyed. I also only used a pound and a half of ground beef as that is all I had on hand. This was very easy to make.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 ounces condensed golden mushroom soup
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese soup
- 16 ounces frozen french fries (crinkle cut)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion together in skillet; drain grease. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir in the soups and heat through.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish; top with french fries.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 375° until fries are golden brown.
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.