Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and kid-friendly! If you are not a fan of processed cheese flavor (from the cheddar cheese soup) try Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole II.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 ounces condensed golden mushroom soup
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese soup
- 16 ounces frozen french fries (crinkle cut)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef and onion together in skillet; drain grease. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir in the soups and heat through.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish; top with french fries.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 375° until fries are golden brown.
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
My family really enjoyed this. This smelled really good while in the oven. I followed the recipe as written other then I used minced onion, used mexican blend cheese and shoe string fries. I also didn't use all two cups of cheese. The shoe string fries cooked up crispy which we really enjoyed. I also only used a pound and a half of ground beef as that is all I had on hand. This was very easy to make.
Loved this one!I used the pepper jack soup insread because I like things a little bit spicy!I also used a little bit os Mrs.Dash southwest seasoning in it instead if the salt.I think that it turned out really good.I can not wait to make this again!
Very easy to assemble with ingredients on hand. A nice "Friday night meal."