Recipes courtesy of Giada De Laurentis. I saw these recipes and we had to try them. Comfort food at the utmost! So very easy, as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2Pour the broth into a heavy large saucepan.
- 3Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 4Season the broth with pepper, to taste.
- 5Simmer over medium heat until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- 6While broth is simmering prepare Parmesan crisps.
- 7PARMESAN CRISPS:.
- 8Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 9Pour a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan onto a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet and lightly pat down. A silicone baking sheet is highly recommended.
- 10Repeat with the remaining cheese, spacing the spoonfuls about a 1/2" apart.
- 11Bake for 3-5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool. (Makes 8-10 crisps.).
- 13Ladle the broth and tortellini into soup bowls.
- 14Top with parsley and a Parmesan crisp in each bowl; serve at once.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Tortellini in Light Broth With Parmesan Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.2 mg
- Sodium 387.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 15.8 g