Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipes courtesy of Giada De Laurentis. I saw these recipes and we had to try them. Comfort food at the utmost! So very easy, as well.
- Pour the broth into a heavy large saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Season the broth with pepper, to taste.
- Simmer over medium heat until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- While broth is simmering prepare Parmesan crisps.
- PARMESAN CRISPS:.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Pour a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan onto a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet and lightly pat down. A silicone baking sheet is highly recommended.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese, spacing the spoonfuls about a 1/2" apart.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool. (Makes 8-10 crisps.).
- Ladle the broth and tortellini into soup bowls.
- Top with parsley and a Parmesan crisp in each bowl; serve at once.
This is one of my favorite recipes, and I've made it many times. It couldn't be easier and it's SO tasty. I've never made the parmesan crisps, but the soup is plenty good on it's own or with bread. The perfect remedy when you're feeling under the weather.