Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love those cheesy garlic bread toasts they sell in the freezer section. These are like them. Use with your favorite meal or under the French Onion Salisbury Steak. I found these in Cuisine at Home.
- 4 slices French bread (1/2-inch thick) or 4 slices baguette, cut diagonally (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine butter, garlic, and paprika; spread on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Place bread on a baking sheet.
- Combine cheeses and sprinkle evenly over butter.
- Bake until bread is crisp and cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
Easy and tastes great!
What a great addition to dinner! I bought a loaf of presliced French bread that was perfect for the job. I did forget to add the paprika to the butter mixture so I just sprinkled it on top. This is a keeper-Thanks!
AWESOME!! Everyone loved this, and I used your suggestion and served with your Salisbury Steak. For this recipe, I used Parmesan reggiano, white cheddar and Gruyère cheese.