- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Heat milk, water, and butter until butter melts. Add to the flour mixture.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in 3/4 to1 cup flour and cheese to make a stiff batter.
- Spoon in greased muffin cups. Cover, let rise for about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from cups, cool on wire rack.