Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
It tastes best when it is fresh and warm. One of my favorite recipes from breadworld.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Heat milk, water, and butter until butter melts. Add to the flour mixture.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in 3/4 to1 cup flour and cheese to make a stiff batter.
- Spoon in greased muffin cups. Cover, let rise for about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from cups, cool on wire rack.
These were great! We loved them! so easy and the ingredients are easily on hand all the time; so a great last minute recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
I really enjoyed making these, for a bread, they were fastfastfast. Word to the wise, though: dont use whole wheat flour. It was all we had when I made these and it just SUCKED the flavour out. I re-did them a week later with normal flour and my roommates LOVED em. I also added parmesan instead of cheddar and rosemary the second go round.