Recipe by Patty Mae
When I was a kid my great aunt Margaret would serve this with crackers before dinner. All the adults raved about it and I was not impressed. Then I grew up and tried it again and changed my mind – it’s delicious! Prep time includes chilling time. NOTE: It’s very important that the cheeses be at room temperature. They won’t mix properly if they are cold.
- 1 lb new york state sharp cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely mince garlic or put through a garlic press.
- Coarsely grate cheddar cheese.
- Combine all ingredients except chili powder.
- Knead mixture by hand or process in a food processor until mixture is homogenous.
- Shape into a roll or flattened ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Unwrap and roll in chili powder.
- Rewrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Slice with a sharp knife and serve with crackers.