Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy soup to warm you up on a cold day.
- 6 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese, chunks (more if you prefer cheesier)
- Combine first 7 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to low and simmer 20-25 minute with lid on until vegies are tender.
- Combine milk with flour and stir into pot.
- Stir in cheese until it melts.
Just the thing for a really cold day! I added a little chicken soup base so I then decreased the amount of salt. I also mixed the milk with cornstarch (3 tbsps) instead of 1/4 cup of flour. Thanx for an easy and yummy soup!