Recipe by **Mandy**
Found this in an aussie bbq cookbook, makes a great alternative to garlic bread, mixture is also good spread on a foccacia and then baked.
Top Review by Melvin'sWifey
Simple and tasty! The bread got nice and crunchy on the outside (used the oven) and the inside of the bread was all nice and creamy and delicious! Hopefully you don't mind, but I already had a cream cheese recipe similar to this Recipe #291865 which also called for cream cheese, chives, and fresh herbs so I used that as I already had some prepared and stored in the fridge. Never thought to use it with a fresh french bread loaf and I'm so glad I found this recipe... would go along great with pasta or fish as a side dish! Reviewed for Everyday is a HOliday cooking game
- 1 French baguette
- 60 g butter
- 250 g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, your choice (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix butter & cream cheese, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Slice bread into 2cm slices without cutting all the way through.
- Spread both sides of each bread slice with butter mixture.
- Wrap in foil and heat through in the oven or on the BBQ for 20-30 minutes.