Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
Original recipe from "On Agriculture" By the Roman Statesman Cato the Elder in the second centry B.C. Recipe "modernazation" found in "The Philospher's Kitchen" by Francine Segan
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 bay leaf, dried and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease baking sheet and set aside.
- Stir flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir the ricotta and egg into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Drop by the rounded tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
- Top each biscuit with the grated Parmesan and a few flakes of the crumbled bay leaf.
- Bake until golden or 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.