Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Original recipe from "On Agriculture" By the Roman Statesman Cato the Elder in the second centry B.C. Recipe "modernazation" found in "The Philospher's Kitchen" by Francine Segan
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 bay leaf, dried and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease baking sheet and set aside.
- Stir flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir the ricotta and egg into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Drop by the rounded tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
- Top each biscuit with the grated Parmesan and a few flakes of the crumbled bay leaf.
- Bake until golden or 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.