Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Original recipe from "On Agriculture" By the Roman Statesman Cato the Elder in the second centry B.C. Recipe "modernazation" found in "The Philospher's Kitchen" by Francine Segan
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease baking sheet and set aside.
- Stir flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir the ricotta and egg into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Drop by the rounded tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
- Top each biscuit with the grated Parmesan and a few flakes of the crumbled bay leaf.
- Bake until golden or 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.