This savory variation belongs in every serious cook's repertoire. Serve these to a crowd you want to impress! Caution..This makes alot, the two small balls are as big as baseballs! I have been making these for years from a recipe I clipped from a magazine and they are always a hit. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimiento
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 10 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- assorted cracker
- Let swiss and cheddar cheeses come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl beat together cream cheese and sour cream till fluffy.
- Beat in swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, undrained pimiento, pickle relish, half of the bacon, 1/4 cup of the pecans, salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill till firm.
- Shape into 1 large or 2 small balls on wax paper.
- In a small bowl combine remaining bacon, pecans, parsley, and poppy seeds.
- Turn mixture out onto clean clean sheet of waxed paper.
- Roll cheese balls in seed mixture to coat.
- Wrap and chill.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Serve with crackers.