Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a super easy and great tasting cheese ball. A friend shared this recipe with my mother some 30+ years ago and even though we may try another recipe - we just keep coming back to this one again and again. Cooking time is time to soften cheese and chill time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces cold pak cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Let all the cheeses stand at room temperature to soften (approx 1 hour).
- Mix cheeses, onion and Worcestershire sauce together blending well.
- Shape into ball or log and roll in chopped pecans.
- Chill 1 hour before serving. *Can be made several days in advance; store in air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This is the cheese ball my parent's made when I was a kid...many, many years ago. I had lost the recipe and am thrilled to rediscover it...a 5* classic, and the only cheese ball for me. I'm sooo glad you posted this CindiJ!
I made this and every one loved it. It was all eaten. It was easy to make and tasted great
5 Stars ALL the way!!! This was a great cheese ball,the taste was fabulous,and the texture was too.I love cheese and you can use this cheese ball on crackers,(My favorite),or you can use veggies or toast or english muffins or what ever you like.This one will go on ANYTHING!!! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!! Darlene