1/4 Photos of Cheese and Squeeze [ Cheddar and Beef ] Biscuit Balls
These are GREAT as a quick breakfast on the go, as a snack, or a side dish to just about any meal. My family can make a meal of just THESE! :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground chuck or 1 lb ground sausage, omit the spices below
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil or 1/8 teaspoon ground basil
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground celery seed
- 24 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups baking mix
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk, plus
- 3 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Brown together lean ground meat and all spices until softly brown. Drain well.
- 3Mix baking mix, milk, and cheese until it follows the spoon around the bowl, forming a nice dough base.
- 4Add in warm spiced meat and mix well, but not too much. You don't want your dough to be tough.
- 5Using your hands, form 1 1/2" to 2" balls and place on parchment covered cookie sheet [2 wide if 2" balls, 3 wide if 1 1/2" balls are used]. You may need several sheets and 2 open layers in your oven, depending on sheet and oven sizes.
- 6Bake in a moderate oven 10-13 minutes, or until a nice golden brown.
- 7As a snack, serve with wasabe, sour cream, hot sauce, ranch dressing, cheese dip, etc.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Squeeze [ Cheddar and Beef ] Biscuit Balls
Serving Size: 1 (1817 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 272.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g