1/1 Photo of Cheese and Onion Pie
Cheese and onion are old friends and were made to go together. This delicious savory pie is super easy to prepare with store-bought sheets of puff pastry, and is great for brunch, or for dinner with a large tossed salad. From the "Everyday Vegetarian".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- 2Line an oven tray with baking paper and set aside.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and saute the onions over medium heat for 5- 7 minutes, or until golden and soft.
- 4Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes, before adding the cheese, parsley, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- 5Mix well, then add 1 beaten egg to the bowl, with salt and pepper to your taste, and mix well again.
- 6Using a cake pan or dinner plate as a guide, cut each sheet of pastry into a 9 inch (23 cm) circle.
- 7Lay one sheet of pastry on the prepared baking tray.
- 8Dollop the cheese mixture over the pastry base, piling it higher in the middle, and leave a narrow border around the edge.
- 9Lightly brush the border with some of the second beaten egg.
- 10Place the remaining sheet of pastry over the filling, stretching lightly if necessary to neatly fit the bottom sheet.
- 11Press and seal the edges well.
- 12Brush the top with the remaining beaten egg, and cut two slits in the top to allow the steam to escape.
- 13Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, before reducing the heat to 350F (180C).
- 14Cook a further 20-25 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese and Onion Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3923.9
- Calories from Fat 2532
- Total Fat 281.3 g
- Saturated Fat 90.1 g
- Cholesterol 601.6 mg
- Sodium 2540.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 258.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 94.4 g