Recipe by English_Rose
Another veggie version of my pasties these can also be served hot on the day or cold for lunch or a picnic.
- 2 lbs shortcrust pastry
- 1 lb onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten, for glazing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400°F
- Roll out the pastry and cut out 6 circles 8in in diameter.
- Heat the oil and cook the onions in it until starting to soften.
- Take off the heat and cool. Stir in the grated cheese and season well.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 circles and crimp the edges together. Brush with a little of the beaten egg.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Serve hot or cold.