Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Australian Woman's Day Magazine. Suggested you serve with lavash bread crisps. Serving size is suggestive - makes 1 cup.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 60 g cream cheese
- 60 g goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives (snipped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon (chopped)
- 1 red chili pepper (deseeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or minced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend till smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put into a serving dish and chill and cover until required.
Mmmmm, this is a creamy, dreamy, spicy, herby, wonderful dip!!!! All the flavours play so well together and the texture is wonderful, too! Perfect for veggie dipping! I used the optional red chili pepper, which added a nice heat and thought the goats cheese came through very nicely. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this winner of a recipe with us, Pat! Ill certainly make it often again! Made and reviewed for Went to the Market Tag Game May 2010.
The sour cream and two cheeses blended were so flavoursome and creamy even though I had used low fat cream and cream cheese. Since I was omitting the red chile pepper, I added 1/2 red bell pepper diced, a small can of well-drained salmon and some dill in place of the tarragon which I use only rarely and had none on hand. The recipe provides such an excellent creamy blend, that I shall certainly be using it again to make other favourite dips such as spinach dip. Thanks so much for sharing this yummy and versatile recipe, Pat. made for Gimme 5.
Very yummy!!! I have it chilling in the fridge as I type. I, like twissis, had to use dried herbs, but not a big deal. In place of the tarragon, I used Italian seasoning. I can't wait to chop up some veggies and enjoy this dip. Made for MAKE MY RECIPE.