Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 cans green chilies, chopped, drained (4 oz. each)
- 1 lb white cheese, grated (Jack, Gruyere or Mozzarella)
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk
- to taste paprika
- 6 eggs
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With butter, grease a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Place chilies on the bottom of the dish, distributing evenly.
- In a bowl, mix the cheeses and distribute over the chilies.
- Beat eggs slightly, add milk and Tabasco, mix and pour over cheese.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top and bake 35 to 40 minutes, until set and very lightly browned.
- Cut in squares while still warm.
- This freezes well. Reheat, covered.
- Makes about 40 squares.
Easy,Simple,Tasty. Great side dish, but with a salad it would be a enjoyable main dish. Made 6 side dish servings.