Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
So simple and so good!
- 20 graham cracker squares (crushed)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package Cool Whip
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Mix graham crackers and butter or margarine good and spoon into 7 x 11 baking dish.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Combine and beat until smooth: cream cheese and milk.
- Add: sugar, beat well, and set aside.
- Prepare cool whip, then fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread this over graham cracker crust.
- Spread cherry pie filling evenly over all.
- Chill several hours before serving (overnight is best).
I thought this was really tasty and had a wonderful flavor. I don't think that 1/4 cup butter was enough to get the 20 crushed graham crackers moist enough. Mine crumbled and did not firm up at all. It made a big mess when scooping out I was not really sure what packaged cool whip was so I used the kind you buy pre-made in the freezer section. I think next time I make I would use 2 cans of cherry pie filling (21 oz each). It was very tasty thank you! Made for Fall PAC 2008
wow I did everything as the recipe mentionned. What I didn't like about this recipe was that I had to wait before eating it LOL But I finally was able to take a piece yesterday in the evening. This is perfect for hot weathers. Thanks Toosharps. Made for PAC Spring 2008