Recipe by BeansnRice
DD loves chocolate and cherries so I thought I would post this recipe to try at a later date. It's from Diabetic Cooking.
Top Review by Loudor
I made these because Im diabetic. They are super. They dont have anything like Tart Red cherries here in Costa Rica so I used some cherries that had a berry flavor added to them. The finished product was still super. Thank You BeansnRice.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute (Splenda)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.5 (15 1/2 ounce) canpitted tart red cherries, drained and halved (3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 11" X 7" baking dish.
- Stir flour, Splenda, cocoa and baking soda together in bowl.
- Add milk, butter, egg substitue, honey and vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle cherries on top
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.