Recipe by Marlene.
I LOVE this dough raw!! ;) This recipe is easily cut in half. I have also made them with Crispix cereal (I was out of Cheerios) and added a handful of Mounds Coconut to them... really good either way!
Top Review by sweetmagnoliava_12600319
These cookies are fabulous!!!! Very tasty, a lot of flavor going on with the peanut butter and chocolate chips, not to mention the cheerios. Made the whole recipe, used a small ice cream scoop, it made about 65 cookies. Pressed the tops down a bit before baking. I like my cookies crunchy so I cooked them a bit longer. They were a big hit with the kids as well as the adults!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the butter, both sugars, peanut butter, vanilla and eggs thoroughly.
- Sift flour, salt, soda and baking powder.
- Fold into the first mixture.
- Add oatmeal, Cheerios and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tblsp onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.
- I got 82 cookies , using a small cookie scoop that holds approximately 1 Tblsp dough.