Recipe by Lennie
This layered delight is a must for nut lovers, pecan pie lovers, and cheesecake lovers. Expect raves from your guests!
Top Review by mickie49
Last night was a "Lennie's recipe dinner party", this is the third recipe of yours I used last night. This turned out really well-soooooo rich-only need small pieces to be satisfied. Next time will use a larger pie pan, I couldn't get all the corn syrup mixture into the 9 inch crust. Could be due to the size of my eggs, they were quite large, in fact, very large. Oh well, it was terrific anyway! Thank you again Lenny!!!
- 1 9 in. unbaked pastry shell
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, white sugar, one egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly in pie shell.
- Sprinkle pecans over cream cheese mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, with electric mixer, beat together remaining 3 eggs, corn syrup and brown sugar; mix well.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until pie is set and golden.
- Let cool before slicing.