Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a Kraft macaroni and cheese box years ago, and have made it many times since. The kids really love it and it's a very inexpensive meal.
- 7 1⁄2 ounces kraft macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare macaroni and cheese in large saucepan as directed on package. Meanwhile, brown meat in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add tomatoes and oregano; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Add meat mixture to macaroni and cheese; spoon into 9-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.
This is a good recipe for my son of almost 5 years old. It's very easy to do. DH said 3 stars cause for him it needed something more as seasoning. Maybe it would be great with onion and garlic cooked with the beef. Thanks TasteTester :) Made for the Australian Recipe Swap October 2010
I'm not going to try to glorify this dish. It is what it is; a very simple, inexpensive quick weeknight meal. (That alone should make you want to make it). So it was actually a pleasant surprise that this tasted good, too. The kids picked out the tomatoes, which I expected, but they cleaned their plates! The Picky One even had seconds. So, hats off for being a kid pleaser. This was made as directed; don't see any reason to change anything the next time I make it.