Recipe by TasteTester
I found this recipe on the back of a Kraft macaroni and cheese box years ago, and have made it many times since. The kids really love it and it's a very inexpensive meal.
Top Review by Boomette
This is a good recipe for my son of almost 5 years old. It's very easy to do. DH said 3 stars cause for him it needed something more as seasoning. Maybe it would be great with onion and garlic cooked with the beef. Thanks TasteTester :) Made for the Australian Recipe Swap October 2010
- 7 1⁄2 ounces kraft macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare macaroni and cheese in large saucepan as directed on package. Meanwhile, brown meat in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add tomatoes and oregano; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Add meat mixture to macaroni and cheese; spoon into 9-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.