Easy Tuna Casserole
A no frills, quick and easy recipe that probably originated on the back of the Macaroni and Cheese box.
- Ready In:
- 1 box macaroni and cheese mix (Kraft for me)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or celery)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 can peas, drained
- cracker crumbs or breadcrumbs, for topping
- Cook macaroni as instructed on box.
- For a casserole, I like to take a minute or 2 off the recommended cooking time.
- In casserole dish mix peas, tuna, soup, margarine, milk and cheese packet from box.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add macaroni and stir gently.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have to say I wasn't too sure about this recipe when I suddenly got the craving for tuna casserole. Wouldn't you know my 2 year old gobbled it up. My other half winced at it before eating two heaping bowls full. My mother used to make us a concoction of macaroni, tuna and peas. We kids later nicknamed it "Redneck Casserole." I have now given this new recipe the nickname "Gourmet Redneck Casserole." I really enjoyed this. It took me back a few years and also turned out to be quite tasty. What would I change? I may add shredded cheddar on top next time as the user below suggested. Thanks for the great weeknight meal.