1/1 Photo of Cheddar Cheese Soup
My husband loves this soup served with muffins or corn scones. It came from the "Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
- 2Stir in the potatoes, carrots, squash, black pepper, and turmeric.
- 3Add the stock and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- 4Stir in the buttermilk (or milk) and the cheese.
- 5Puree the soup in a blender or food processor.
- 6Gently reheat.
- 7Add salt to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.9
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 259.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: