Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Posted by request
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups beer
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk, powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded aged sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons rapid rise yeast
- Add ingredients into baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Insert pan into the oven chamber.
- Select Sweet Cycle.
- Remove bread from oven when baking cycle complete; cool on wire rack.
- Serve the day it is made.
This makes a nice tall loaf that is crusty on the outside and fluffy on the inside. It has a nice yeast-y flavor and smells heavenly. Note: It did take a full bottle of beer plus a splash of warm water to make the dough. I found the 1 1/4 cup of beer to be insufficient. I served this with homemade broccoli cheddar soup. Comforting meal for a cold night. Great recipe. I will definitely make it again! Thanks for posting!